The dates listed below are Bank and Public Holidays in Cyprus. On these dates, all public services, private companies, banks, and shops are closed, although many shops and certain services remain open in some areas, busy shopping streets, and resorts.
Please note that Banks are also closed on Easter Tuesday (26th of April, 2022), and for 2022, also on Christmas Eve (Saturday, 24th of December) a date that banks usually stay open to accommodate retail and corporate clients.
For important deadlines regarding taxes and other submission dates for your company of personal finances, please refer to our Tax Diary.
Fixed day bank and public holidays in Cyprus for 2022
- January 1st – New Year’s Day (Saturday)
- January 6th – Epiphany Day (Thursday)
- March 25th – Greek National Day (Friday)
- April 1st – National Anniversary Day (Friday)
- May 1st – Labour Day (Sunday)
- August 15th – Assumption of the Virgin Mary (Monday)
- October 1st – Cyprus Independence Day (Saturday)
- October 28th – Greek National Anniversary Day (Friday)
- December 24th – Christmas Eve (Saturday) – Banks closed
- December 25th – Christmas Day (Sunday)
- December 26th – Boxing Day (Monday)
Variable Public and Bank holidays in Cyprus for 2022
- Variable – Green Monday (50 Days before Greek Orthodox Easter) March 7th
- Variable – Good Friday (Greek Orthodox Church) April 22nd
- Variable – Easter Sunday – April 24th
- Variable – Easter Monday (Greek Orthodox Church) April 25th
- * (Variable – Easter Tuesday (Greek Orthodox Church) April 26th – only Banks are closed
- Variable – Pentecost – (Kataklysmos – Festival of the Flood) June 13th,